Information and FAQ

JEEPERS JAMBOREE has been offering legendary guided off road trips through the Rubicon Trail since 1953. People from all over the world have participated on our events to traverse the famous Rubicon Trail! The UTV Con’Quest is a new opportunity Jeepers Jamboree would like to offer the UTV off- road enthusiast.

THE RUBICON TRAIL is an un-maintained county road that runs from Loon Lake to Tahoma in North Lake Tahoe. It travels through part of Northern California’s beautiful Desolation Wilderness in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The Rubicon Trail is known worldwide for its level 10 in difficulty

For recommendations or more information, please contact our office at 530-333-4771 or email us at

  • Official UTV Con’Quest attire
  • Parts, if needed and available
  • Gas, if needed and available.
  • No host bar in Rubicon Springs provided by Georgetown Divide Rotary Club


How do I sign up for a trip?

You can sign up Online here or by mail to:

UTV Con’Quest
P.O. Box 900
Georgetown, CA 95634
Registrations can also be faxed over at 530-333-0245 or taken over the phone at 530-333-4771.

Registration opens for the UTV Con’Quest trip on November 1st. Registration cut off is two weeks prior to the event date. All registrations must be completed and the Release of Liability Wavier must be signed by all participants and returned to our office prior to check in. Once completed registrations are submitted, the driver will receive an event confirmation, event itinerary and event tickets by email.

What equipment is required for an ATV or UTV in California?

  • Head lamps. Head lamps are required for the operation of ATVs and UTVs from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise. The head lamp must be at least one white light directed toward the front of the vehicle with enough light to reveal persons or vehicles at a distance of at least 200 feet.
  • Tail lamps. Tail lamps are required for the operation of ATVs and UTVs from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise. The tail lamp must be at least one red light that is clearly visible from the rear of the vehicle.
  • Brakes. The brake system must be in good working order and adequate to control the vehicle in any conditions upon which it is being operated.
  • Muffler. An ATV or UTV must be equipped with an adequate muffler or exhaust system that is not equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device.
  • Spark Arrester. A spark arrester is required on any ATV or UTV being operated on any forest-covered land, brush-covered land or grass-covered land. The spark arrester must be certified and rated by the United States Forest Service.
Click here for more information about ATV/UTV regulations in California

What types of UTV vehicles are allowed to attend the event?

Acceptable vehicles for the UTV Con’Quest are years 2000 and newer with a current OHV green sticker and participant must be properly insured for liability and medical coverage.  All UTV’s must have at least 30” off road tires, skid plates and tow hooks. You will be required to have a spark arrester and an extra CVT belt. State of California UTV rules apply. For more vehicle information, recommendations, or approval please contact the office at 530-333-4771.

Who can I bring?

All participants shall be 10 years of age or older (must be 16 years old to drive). There shall be at least one person in every vehicle 18 years of age or older who will be responsible for the occupants of the vehicle.  All passengers must wear seat belts and helmets. We also recommend wearing driving gloves.  All participants must be registered for the trip. Absolutely NO PETS are allowed to attend any of our trips.

What will the UTV Con’Quest  event cost?

$450.00 per person with a 2 person minimum per vehicle. ($550.00 per person after June 15th)
All fees must be paid in advance.  A $35 charge is assessed for returned checks. All camping fees and meals are included in this price.

UTV Con’Quest Refund Policy (per ticket) - Please Review PENALTY
For reservations to 21 days before event $35.00
From 20 days to 8 days before event 50%
From 7 days to 1 day before event 80%
From event date and beyond 100%

 This is my first four wheel drive event? What kind of driving experience is needed?

No experience is needed. We have a trail leader and trail support to help drivers take the correct lines through the Rubicon Trail.

What does the event registration fee cover?

The registration fees cover all necessary permits, vehicle fees, camping fees, trail support and mechanics. We supply three meals a day starting the day of the event to lunch on the last day as you’re wheeling out. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate special diets and dietary restrictions.
You can contact the office at 530-333-4771 for a menu.

What if my vehicle has mechanical problems while on the trail?

If you have a mechanical problem while on the trail, please inform a trail guide or pull off the trail and wait for assistance. We have trail mechanics to assist with mechanical problems while on the trail. We suggest participants bring spare parts for their vehicle. Breakdowns can delay your trip for hours, please ensure your vehicle is in good running condition before attending the event.

Could my vehicle be damaged on this event?

There is the possibility of damage to your vehicle when traveling the Rubicon Trail. Any damage is the owner’s responsibly. The Rubicon Trail is rated a 10. It is one of the oldest and toughest four wheel drive trails in the world. If you fear damaging your vehicle, please do not attend.

Are there bypasses that can be taken to avoid difficult spots?

No, there are no bypasses; moreover, vehicles cannot pull off the road more than 25ft. from the center of the trail. If you are stopping to eat, swim, check your vehicle, etc., pull off just enough so another vehicle can get around you.

Can I have a friend or family member check in for me?

No. The driver of each registered vehicle and all passengers in said vehicle MUST BE PRESENT AT CHECK IN. All signatures need to be on the Release of Liability waiver and the Covid Release Agreement. These MUST be returned to our office prior to the day of check in. No admission tickets, vehicle stickers, or wristbands will be given without all signatures. NO EXCEPTIONS!

What type of rest-room facilities do you have?

There are port-a-potties at the Loon Lake Dam when you start the trip and a few scattered along the trail. Once you get in to Rubicon Springs Campground, there are several port-a-potties in camp. Participants can also bring their own bucket toilets (must pack out on own – no dumping) and PETT toilet systems

What kind of weather can I expect on the Rubicon?

The weather is unpredictable in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. No matter how warm it may be by day, the nights can get cold and thundershowers are not an uncommon occurrence. Pack for warm and cold weather and bring an extra pair of shoes. Be prepared.

Where do we camp once on the Rubicon Trail?

Once you get to Rubicon Springs Main Camp, a camp host will assist you in finding a camp site. Rubicon Springs is the midpoint of the Rubicon Trail. For example, your trip departs Tuesday you will drive the Rubicon Trail until you reach Rubicon Springs. You will then set up camp and stay camped there for the duration of the event. Thursday you will break down camp and drive the Rubicon Trail back out to Loon Lake.

What type of activities will there be once in camp?

Participants can enjoy fishing, hiking, swimming, and meeting fellow off-road enthusiasts. There will be entertainment in the evening after dinner.